
This photo was taken for our Frame within a Frame project and this was the best photo that I took. Formally this photo to me is one of my favorites because the blackness surrounding the hole is not greater on side. The blackness also makes the rest of the scene pop and I think makes all the colors much more meaningful and vibrant than they would have been had I not taken the photo through the hole. When I was first taking the picture I didn't intend for the "frame" to be black or for the light from the window to shine from the ball. I really like how this photo is able to pop out while everything is balanced (the number of players on both sides). Conceptually this photo at first seemed dry to me. I still think that conceptually this photo is not one of my strong points but after thinking about it I think the light in the top of the frame shining down does have a lot of symbolism. The light illuminates the line splitting the field and the players and makes the frame not seem so focused on the ball but the field itself and the players. It is a kind of dividing scene between two teams of the same looking people just in different uniforms which can be taken as the whole world being all human just in different uniforms. I really like what I did formally with this photograph and the frame in which it is placed. Next time I think I will try to reduce the chances of that light that is shining on the field from having such a big role in the actual image even though it provided a good source for the conceptual part of the picture. I really like what I did with this photo overall and I hope that next time I will be able to take a photo like that again. | draft |
I would have to agree - this is a great photo. The circle of black makes the inner colors stand out more than you make it sound and it really focuses the eye to the center of the image. The light also shines and reflects on the very top and very bottom of the frame, which does look quite nice. However, I think that you have room to improve in the technical field as far as setting up goes. The frame doesn't line up exactly. The center line doesn't line up to the center or bottom of the inner frame. The ball is also offset be just a little. You took a good photo but it has a little room for improvement.
ReplyDeleteGood criticisms, Matt and Forrest. Nicely done!
ReplyDelete