Saturday, October 24, 2009

Garry Winogrand - World's Fair, New York - 1964



I think Garry used a shutter speed around 60 to capture the expressions on the subjects' faces.
I think Garry used an aperture around 13 because he's capturing all the people on the bench very well but the people in the back of the image are still blurry but that may be because of the distance.
I think the ISO is 200 because the setting is a bright area and in direct sunlight so he wouldn't need to make the image any brighter.

1 comment:

  1. Forrest, most of your guesses here are good, but please remember that you cannot guess an ISO setting based on exposure. You are right - ISO and exposure are closely related; indeed, ISO measures the film or sensor's sensitivity to light. But, in this case, we are looking for grain or noise to give us evidence of an ISO setting. (Shutter speed & aperture settings & available light + ISO forms the whole "exposure picture.")

    ReplyDelete