It is midday and I am in an alleyway. It is very bright and there is a man robbing an elder woman. The sun is shining right over the buildings and it gives off a glare. I decided to take a picture for a contest at the local police department concerning photos of crimes. As the woman swung her purse against the man's face I pulled my camera out of my bag and put the strap of the camera around my neck. I bent my knees, put my left hand underneath the lens and my right gripping the camera just below the sub-command dial. I turn the power switch on and use my diopter adjustment control to change what I see in the view finder eyepiece to a crisper image. To capture the swift swings of the elder woman's purse I set my Shutter speed to 250, with an aperture of 8.5 to make sure that I capture both the man and the woman as well as not letting too much light into the lens. To do this I use the main command dial to change my shutter speed and the sub-command dial for my aperture. I make sure my ISO is set to 200 by pressing and holding down the thumbnail button and using the main command dial. I don't need any more light so I don't need a higher ISO. Then finishing off setting my camera I quickly look around me and see that the sun is still beating down on the alley so I press the white balance button and use the main command dial to change it to "Sunny" (the icon with the Sun). I look through the viewfinder eyepiece to make sure everything looks good and click down on the shutter-release button lightly to let the camera auto zoom. I click down all the way now and capture my image. To finalize my beautiful artwork I send my image into every major newspaper in my town and win the competition at the police department. I'm a happy photographer!
No comments:
Post a Comment